Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

1. wild turkey madera cyn-kab Wild Turkey in Madera Canyon, AZ 1-9-2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

2. WITU Salem, CT-kab Wild turkeys in Salem, CT 9-29-2011

 

3. birch trees-kab Birch Trees in Norridgewock, ME 11-5-11

On this Thanksgiving Day I am thankful for my family, for my friends, for my blog, for the birds…and for colors!

4. autumn gold-kab

  • I am thankful that my son returned safely from the war in Afghanistan.
  • I am thankful that I have a warm house to live in.
  • I am thankful that I have food to eat.
  • I am thankful for my husband who puts up with me and my birding and blogging.
  • I am thankful for my mom.
  • I am thankful for my sister and brothers, all of my children and grandchildren.
  • I am thankful for music, art and poetry.
  • I am thankful that I can read.
  • I am thankful for the simple tings in life that we so often take for granted.

I wish you a day filled with family, food, and fun and most of all, Thankfulness!

14 comments:

  1. You certainly have a lot to be thankful for!! Happy Thanksgiving!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well said, Kathie. There's just one thing I am not thankful for around this holiday is the cruel way turkeys are raised, treated and slaughtered.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. Happy Thanksgiving Kathie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie...and the list could go on and on "right" ; }
    There are so many things, but I think we as a world would rather grumble alot lol
    Have a blessed thanksgiving day!!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathie

    All the best for Thanksgiving. I love your first photo of the turkey the colours are wonderful.

    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there - hope you had a good thanksgiving - and I sure the turkeys would rather be on your blog than on your plate!

    Really like the birch tree shot.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there (again) - thanks for the comment on my "long blog".

    For some reason (and I can’t find out why!) the middle picture in the triplet I use never seems to link up! Have asked and asked and asked! I may be one if life’s little mysteries.

    SM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathie, I hope you and your family had a Happy Thanksgiving. Love the turkey photos. Have a great weekend and happy birding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathie, I am playing catch up after the olive harvest! so many reasons to be thankful indeed, I try to be thankful every day. There was certainly lots of birds and scenery to enjoy here today. Guess what I have started a separate blog to share more of my photography, I hope you will be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the opening shot of the turkey - what a magnificent bird! Too bad for the species that Ben Franklin did not get his way to have them declared our National Bird - I enjoy your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...well said...hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There was a wonderful program about a man who who raised 16 wild turkeys from eggs and what he learned about them. It's on my blog under my Nature Notes wednesday meme...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a wonderful thankful list and nice turkey pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH, i just LoVE that first turkey shot!! he's a beauty!!

    and the beautiful autumn leaves!! so bright & cheery!!

    and a nice list of thankful things...things to be thankful for every day... :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.