Monday, April 23, 2012

A Family Visit

4-23-12 family visit

Chris, Trey, Brooklyn, Melissa and Cameron 4-22-12

This past week I had the pleasure of a visit from my son and his new wife and my grandkids. We went to playgrounds, took a trip into Boston, and just relaxed at home. I didn’t get much bird watching in, but that was okay. However, I did bring my binoculars to Boston with me and was surprised to find a Hermit Thrush in the Boston Public Gardens! I’ve been waiting to see one but never expected to find one in the city! We got some much needed rain yesterday and today but I did make it down to the bog this afternoon to count birds. I thought the rain had stopped, but when it started raining on me again I tucked my camera under my shirt and headed for home!

6 comments:

  1. Always wonderful to have family come to visit :-) Your son looks very much like you around the mouth especially. I'm sure you have had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family takes precedence over birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, thank you.

    Gaelyn, LOL! I had to keep telling myself that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for the gardens, the hermit thrush, rain & a visit from your family!!

    have a happy rest of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup -- family visits really are wonderful -- they're a fine looking family. Neat that you got some birding in on the Boston trip (good thing you remembered your binos)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.