Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Marsh Sky SWF

1. view across marsh-kab Puffy Cloud Sky at the Geremonty Marsh in Salem, NH 4-10-12

 

2. cooper's hawk-kab Cooper’s Hawk flying over marsh.

3. pear tree blossoms-kab Pear tree blossoms along the sidewalk.

Skywatch Friday 

After watching birds at the Petsmart parking lot on Tuesday I stopped off at the Geremonty Marsh in Salem, New Hampshire to count birds there. I saw fewer birds here than I did in the parking lot but I did see one new species for this location: A Cooper’s Hawk! I watched as it went into a stoop and dived for a dove on the ground but it missed and flew off casually as if nothing had happened! Right now all the flowering trees are in bloom and it is all so pretty and promising. However, we are in desperate need of rain as several wildfires have started all up and down the east coast. I notice that the water levels are dropping here at the marsh as well as at the Stirling Bog and in the Shawsheen River back in Andover, MA where I live. I hope you have a pleasant and bird filled weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Fires and dropping water levels are Not a good sign during early spring. Hope you get some rain.

    We had a couple dozen drops yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love cooper's Hawks. They're just the right amount of interesting plumage and commonness--often visible but not overly abundant like Red-Tails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gaelyn, it is raining now...just when I am ready to go walk the dog!

    Laurence, they are magnificent flyers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pear blossoms!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots. My favorite is the last one. ^_^

    SWF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing a Hawk in flight...and that's a great shot of the Cooper's Hawk...it's like nature in a high tech form.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures, the coopers hawk is a beautiful looking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful photos for SWF!Thank you for sharing and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gary, I'm so glad!

    Kim, thanks!

    Christopher, yes it is!

    Gillian, it sure is!

    Steffi, thanks!

    chubskulit, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.