Sunday, November 2, 2014

It’s Been a Long Two Weeks

1. 11-2-14 first snow

My front yard this afternoon 11-2-14

November 2, 2014: It’s been a long two weeks here on Mere Point. After my last blogpost I had three more ready to go and waiting in the wings, but then I got vey sick with some sort of virus. I did not have the strength or energy to write or blog or post anything. I’ve spend the last two weeks mostly in bed with several trips to the doctor’s and two trips to the ER, with one being in an ambulance when I passed out and crashed to the floor last Saturday night. All is well. I feel like they have tested every system in my body. I got a clean bill of health, except for the virus. Today is the first day in a long time since I have felt like myself, and with the current snow outside I am staying in and blogging! So look for several new posts over the next few days as I try to catch-up before the holidays roll in and I am distracted once again. I have missed all of you and my birds.

As for the birds in my yard, the population has been changing with warblers and chipping sparrows moving out and juncos and white-throated sparrows moving in. I am still waiting to see my first American Tree Sparrow of the fall. I am still waiting for the sea ducks to return to Mere Point Bay!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, Thanks! It's a gorgeous day here today and the winds have finally died down!

      Delete
  2. What bad luck re the virus. I hope you continue to make good progress towards feeling your usual self.

    Is that early for snow? My husband has been away with his photography group over the weekend and they had light snow on the high country here too which is unusual this late in spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy wanderer, it is not too early for snow here, but farther up the coast they got over a foot of it and we still have people without power here today! So, it is a bit early to get so much! with leaves still on the trees, it is a recipe for disaster!

      Delete
  3. You poor little possum! Those viruses can be terribly debilitating. I had one earlier in our spring that also lasted 2 weeks.
    So very glad you are up and about again Kathie.
    I haven't been blogging much in the last few months, almost as though I had been blogged out. Stay well, I love that dusting of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arija. and you are always welcome here. I love to see your comments and hear that you are okay!

      Delete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.