Monday, December 22, 2014

Riverwalk: a Photo Essay

1. Sabbatus River The Sabbatus River in Lisbon, Maine 10-10-2014

On October 10th I took a stroll at Millar Park along the Sabbatus River in Lisbon, Maine. It was my first time ever walking at this park and autumn migration was in full swing. I saw so many birds and had such a great time that I took Gus back here two days later. I originally posted about this walk with photos from my cell phone. You can read that post here. All of today’s photos were taken with the Nikon D90 and are in the order I took them, so come along on an autumn walk with me! A pair of Hairy Woodpeckers did!

DSC_0308 

DSC_0311 Hairy Woodpecker

DSC_0313 

DSC_0324 

DSC_0327 

DSC_0335 Hairy Woodpecker

DSC_0336 Hairy Woodpecker

DSC_0337 Common Raven

 

DSC_0341 

DSC_0342 

DSC_0343 

DSC_0344 

DSC_0345 

DSC_0346 

DSC_0347 

DSC_0349 

DSC_0350 

DSC_0351 

DSC_0352 

DSC_0355 

DSC_0357 Song Sparrow

DSC_0359 White-throated Sparrow

DSC_0363 Eastern Phoebe

DSC_0369 Great Blue Heron

 

12 comments:

  1. Such wonderful colours and the clarity of the shots is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful walk. Good luck for today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, fall in New England. Gorgeous pictures!

    Thinking of you and hoping your surgery went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetbay, I love this time of year! I was doing well until I fell and dislocated my left shoulder! Now I need to heal up from that too! Ah...Life!

      Delete
  4. Looks like the two of you had a wonderful walk along the river. It's so very nice to see the gorgeous, warm autumn colors. Beautiful photographs, Kathie! Wishing you and your family all the season's best and a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! I'm late to this post, but the same to you too!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kathie, I just wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! I hope your days are always filled with great birding, good eats and much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! I think all those wishes came true!

      Delete
  6. Hi Kathie A lovelyl walk captured beautifully through your photos. The Song Sparrow was amazing.

    Guy

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.