Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sunset at the Geremonty Dr Marsh SWF

 DSC_0089 DSC_0090 DSC_0091 DSC_0092 DSC_0096

Downy woodpecker 12-2-10

DSC_0081

The Geremonty Drive marsh or wetlands are on Geremonty Drive in Salem, New Hampshire. I discovered this place to bird a few weeks ago from the eBird Birding Hotspots Map. It isn’t very large but so far has been quite productive. A few weeks ago I found my first Tree Sparrows of the year here. Since I only live 5 miles from the New Hampshire border I often come to Salem to shop which makes it very easy to pop over here to watch birds for 20 minutes or more if I want to.

DSC_0082 Skywatch Friday!

I bet there will be even more birds here come spring!

DSC_0088

Birds seen here on 12-2-10

Location: Geremonty Drive marsh (Salem)
Observation date: 12/2/10
Notes: Saw another flock (approx 12-18) of small birds fly overhead and disappear into the sunset. Saw Chickadees going in and out of pipe opening on street light near parking lot. Sunny, windy, cold! did not see Red-tailed hawk this time.
Number of species: 6

Downy Woodpecker 2
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Black-capped Chickadee 3
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
European Starling 15
Song Sparrow 1

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org)

11 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed those sunset photos! The Downy is my favorite, but the close-up cattail and sun thru the trees are pretty spectacular too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glowing cattail series is Awesome! Glad you've found another birding place.

    BTW, it's been cold here too, she said sitting in front of an electric heater thinking of fingerless gloves for typing. Of course, mid-day still getting into high 50s. Must be the dry cold. ;) Stay warm, you'll adapt. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely images, the color of the light is wonderful.

    dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent shots! the cattails look magical. the light is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots Kathie of the low sun shining through the trees and and the bullrushes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kathie - glad you are settling in and finding birds. Those cattails glow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous sunsets although the fire on those cattails reminds me of the villagers torches coming up the hill to visit Dr. Frankenstein. Or maybe not...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the golden glow around the cattails and you found another interesting birding location Kathie. FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdee Kathie..
    Love the way you captured the glow around the cattails!!
    I am glad you are finding some nice areas to bird.
    I cant wait to bird with you again..change of plans for our summer..we will not be going to Alaska..so lets plan on birding when we get there in the spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the sunset glow on those photos-really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.