Friday, April 15, 2011

Crows Mob Hawk (SWF)

1. RTHA-kab Red-tailed Hawk over Stirling Street Swamp 4-11-11

When I was out counting birds on Monday at the swamp I witnessed these crows mobbing a Red-tailed Hawk that likes to hang out here. I have seen them do this more than once, but this time I had my camera with me and was able to photograph this aerial battle. It’s perfect for Skywatch Friday I think!

2. hawk being mobbed-kab 

3. Hawk n crow-kab 

4. crow mob-kab 

5. arial ballet-kab 

6. wings-kab 

7. flight-kab

Happy

Skywatch Friday!

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful series, Kathie! I really love that first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathie

    Great shots of the hawk and crows. You have captured some wonderful behaviour in your posts. Have a great weekend.

    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots Kathie! I always find it interesting when smaller birds harass the bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great set of images. Very impressed.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! Great shots! Who won??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool bird battle scenes---what a great capture of the Battle of the Birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful birds, fine pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw something just like this a week ago, but I'm not sure what the larger bird was---the smaller ones were crows, for sure.

    You got much better photos, though!

    ;-)

    Thanks for showing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super shots Kathie. It is very like our Common Buzzard and the Crows mob them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great hawk photos -really love that first one. I'm always amazed at smaller birds, even crow-sized ones, taking on a raptor that would love to eat them for lunch. Fascinating to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.