Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Flyaway

1. thinking-kab 

I am just a little bird

Standing on this shore

Trying to decide if I

Should fly away once more,

2. getting closer-kab 

The world out there is big and wide

Dare I take a chance?

To stay behind is to live a life,

Void of all romance,

3. anchor-kab 

And since I have these wings attached,

I am not anchored here,

So with a stretch, a flap, a leap,

I’m off into the air!

3. flyaway-kab

Who knows what I will find when I

Land on that distant shore,

But I must go I feel it

In my wings, my heart, my soul!

~Kathie Adams Brown (August 14, 2012)

16 comments:

  1. Lovely Kathie, both poem and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gillian, it was fun to write. The photos inspired me when I saw that little bird standing on the shore and looking away.

      Delete
  2. And like a bird, you can always migrate:) Both back and forth. Can't wait til you join in the Tucson fun again. There is nothing more thrilling than sharing pics from a local on the trail for that new bird. And we all find different things. Beautiful sentiment here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rohrerbot, thank you again for the encouragement. Knowing that you and Laurence Butler, Jerermey Medina, Cynthia Gabert White, Carole DeAngeli, my freind, Celeste, and others are welcoming me back really does help.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathie

    Happy Journeying.

    All the best.
    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading you poems, Kathie, and I think this is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. prairie birder, this makes me so happy that you like my poetry! Thank You!

      Delete
  5. Now that's a poem that can be understood and enjoyed by anyone.I like the chain photo to go along with it-nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry, I am so glad you approve! I'm so sorry that we never got to go birding together again but perhaps next summer when I return for a visit we can? We will see! I am glad that I at least got to meet you in person!

      Delete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.