Monday, August 13, 2012

Squeezing in Some Birding in Yarmouth, ME

1. Cousins River-kab Cousins River in Yarmouth, ME 8-7-2012

When Mom came to visit me last week I had no idea it would turn out to be a week long adventure! After visiting the staircases on Monday I drove her to Maine on Tuesday to visit her cousin. More like sisters than cousins, they had a fun day together. We all went out to eat at Day’s Seafood Takeout on Route 1 in Yarmouth, ME. While waiting for our seafood to cook, I stood on the banks of the Cousin’s River trying to see some birds while Mom and her cousin sat at a picnic table and looked at old photos.

2. cousins-kab Two Cousins sit and talk on the banks of the Cousins River!

 

3. wildflower-kab Queen Anne’s Lace

 

4. egret-kab Great Egret flying away

 

5. osprey-kab Osprey in flight over the Cousins River in Yarmouth, ME 8-7-2012

 

6. osprey-kab 

7. osprey-kab 

8. osprey-kab 

9. wings-kab

Since it was the middle of the day I did not see a lot of birds but when the osprey flew overhead and came so close it was quite thrilling! I managed to squeeze some more birding in later on in the day. More blog posts to follow! As you can well imagine things are getting busy as the moving day draws near. Still, I have managed to squeeze in a few moments of birding here and there and will post what I can before I move. Now that I have a new Acer Notebook I hope to keep in touch as I drive across the country with the pets and my birding buddy and best friend, Kathryn. I know there will be times when I am too tired or too busy to get online but I will try to stay in touch with you all as much as possible!

Birds seen at Days Seafood Takeout in Yarmouth, ME:

  1. Osprey
  2. Great Egret
  3. Herring Gull
  4. Ring-billed Gull
  5. American Crow

6 comments:

  1. That Osprey is beautiful! You got great shots of it flying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those osprey shots are fantastic.

    You must be getting excited about the move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like all had an enjoyable day. Love the osprey shots.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.