Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lake Horace, New Hampshire

1. Lake Horace-kab Boats at the dock 8-1-2012

Earlier this month my good friend, Mary Robin, invited me up to her vacation cabin at Lake Horace, NH. I visited her here last year on her vacation as well. Mary has been my friend since I moved here two years ago and it will be hard to say good-bye. She has promised to visit me in Arizona, where I hope to share my warm and wonderful desert home with her. I did not see a lot of birds up here this year, but I did see one important one. I also was able to go kayaking on the lake, which was a pleasure and only made me wish I had a kayak of my own! Good-bye Mary. Thank you for your generosity and friendship.

2. road-kab Dirt Road

3. blue sky-kab New England Blue and Green!

4. bird nest-kab Bird nest on the cabin

5. wildflowers-kabRoadside Wild Flowers

6. loon-kab Common Loon

7. loon-kab

Good-bye Lake Horace!

7 comments:

  1. Lots of good byes. Such beautiful areas....and GREEN:) Hope everything is going well with the move preparations. Things seem to be hot for birding this month. Pretty exciting. You have much to look forward to here when you come back. All my best. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, thank you so much. It is starting to get crazy here, but I have a few more bird posts to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathie, sounds like a nice visit with your friend. The Loon is a great sighting, I always enjoy seeing them. I'm sure it will be hard for you to leave your new friends but you have some old friends waiting for you to come back to Arizona. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, I was thrilled to see the loon and I laughed when I saw it take off! It circled the lake a few times, then landed someplace else farther away!

      Delete
  4. Loons are mighty sleek birds, like the Waxwings of the waterfowl world.

    Hope all is going well with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathie

    Looks like a lovely spot.

    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The loon reminded me of when I was a kid and spent time at a summer cabin, brings back great memories, thanks, :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.