Monday, January 7, 2013

Weather, Birds, and a Birthday

1. wild turkeys-kab Wild Turkeys in Turner, ME 1-7-2012

It’s amazing to think that a year ago I was in Maine visiting my father-in-law on his birthday. Of course, on the way to his house I just had to stop and count birds, especially when this flock of wild turkeys was right alongside Route 4 in Turner, ME!

2. Dad-kab Dad 1-7-2012

My father-in-law is one of the most faithful and honorable men I know. He has been a faithful husband for 61 years and a good provider for his wife and kids. He is also a Navy Veteran of 20 years and fought in the Korean War.

3. dad in summer-kab Since my own father abandoned us when I was 7, having him as a father-in-law is the closest thing I have to a dad. I couldn’t ask for anyone better! Dad, Thanks for letting me into your heart and into your life. I will always love and respect you.

Happy Birthday from warm and sunny Tucson!

4. BCNI-kab Juvenile Black-crowned Night Heron hiding in a mesquite tree 1-21-12

If you want to see birds, come visit me at Birding is Fun where I tell you why

I am in Love with Birds!

My Big January continues with a current count of 102! More details and photos to follow!

12 comments:

  1. Kathie, you are so lucky to have this wonderful man in your life. The Invading Russians took my father away when I was 4. I have missed him ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...Arija! How tragic! And I know how one can always long for a dad, no matter how old you are! I am so sorry to hear this. Now we share yet another of life's sadnesses. And yes, I am so very thankful. He is a good man.

      Delete
  2. To have a Dad, or Mom, in our adult lives is extra special and they don't have to be blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A terrific post Kathie and your father-in-law sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful father-in-law! I know he appreciated your birthday wishes! My Dad, a Navy Korean war vet died two years ago Jan 3rd...his birthday would be February 8. You all are very blessed to still have your Dad-in-law with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, I am so sorry that you have lost your father! I can only imagine how that feels. I do not know how long we will have my father-in-law with us but I intend to enjoy every moment I spend with him!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kathie

    A lovely post to your father-in-law and I always enjoy photos of wild turkeys.

    All the best.
    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wild birds and the tribute to your father in law.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.