Monday, July 7, 2014

Rose-breasted Grosbeak on Green

DSC_0103 Rose-breasted grosbeak-kab

I Photographed this male Rose-breasted Grosbeak recently at a friend’s house in Androscoggin County, Maine. When reviewing my photos I was so impresses with how lush and green the surroundings are that I wrote a poem and illustrated it with all the recent birds I have seen surrounded by green! You can see the birds and read the poem over at

Birding is Fun!

More birds and posts to follow now that Chris Rohrer has gone home and I have time to think and write!

10 comments:

  1. Pretty shot of the Grosbeak, Kathie! Happy Birding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so gorgeous. I wished they would stay here in Bluff Country for the summer but we do see a spring migration...::)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Troutbirder, I am so happy to see this species again! I am glad you get it in migration at least!

      Delete
  3. HI Kathie .... He is gorgeous and you got wonderful shot of him!!
    I'm hardly seeing them at all right now, guess there busy raising the next generation!! : }

    IGrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, so you figured out that I took this shot at your house, huh? good for you! More pics to come and thanks for having me! I am looking forward to coming back! I need to buy more eggs!

      Delete
  4. Hi Kathie

    What a wonderful photo.

    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. That is an epic shot!! What a gorgeous bird! I was so sure we'd see one in Maine! Weird that I saw one in Arizona. That wasn't how it was supposed to work out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, yes it was! I'm just glad you got to see this bird!

      Delete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.