Friday, September 2, 2011

Great Kestrel Count 2011



Robert from Birding is Fun is running a Great Kestrel Count this weekend, so if you can, get out and bird. Lets see how many Kestrels are out and about. Click on the logo for all the details. 


Here in my backyard a few of my autumn and winter birds are starting to show up. I spotted 2 Carolina Wrens and a Red-bellied Woodpecker here this morning! No Kestrels though.

As for Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene updates, my mother and sister both have their power back on (finally!) and my landlord came by and cut up the branches that fell in the backyard so I have already started a woodpile for my fireplace this winter!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks so much Kathie. You're the best. Oh, and Gus is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.