Friday, March 18, 2011

The Falconer and the Song Sparrow (SWF)

1. The Falconer kathiesbirdsThe Falconer” and a stormy sky 3-11-11

2. Song Sparrow kathiesbirdsSong Sparrow in Central Park 3-11-11

I have just returned from a trip to NYC with my brother, C—, and then a week long visit in Connecticut with my Mom and sister. During this time I shot over 800 photos! I saw so many birds and signs of spring everywhere. Here is just a little taste of what is yet to come, and I did not have to wear my winter coat even once!

Happy Skywatch Friday!

Come back to see more pictures and hear the stories later on this week!

6 comments:

  1. OMG, look at those tree buds. And no winter coat. Surely, it must be spring. I like that statue. Feels like summer here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaelyn, I am back in MA and it was 66 degrees here today with crocuses blooming in the yard and ducks back in the bog! Yep. Spring has almost sprung!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sparrow is certainly singing his little heart out! From the thumbnail, I thought there was a crow settling onto the statue. I think I like this version better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sis, it's been a full week and I'm so impatient to read your account and see the pictures, I've been checking your home page practically every hour all week long! Even though I was there, and know you had a good time, I can't wait to see how my City (and its birds) look as you piece it all together after time to reflect (but hurry up!). While we all wait, thanks for this little peek.
    Love, brother C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathie, it sounds like you had a wonderful time. It is so wonderful to see all the signs of spring. Your sparrow is just adoarble, great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathie...glad you got away and took lots of photos.
    Glad spring has sprung..My mom said it was in was 73 in CT yesterday..Nice.

    Look forward to your blog posts of your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.