Saturday, March 12, 2011

In New York City

My brother called me on Thursday and asked if I wanted to go to New York City with him. Do I? You BET! We drove down tonight as the sky brightened overhead and a lemon sun sunk behind the hills. I saw a few ducks in swollen streams and geese on golf courses. As we came across the west side highway the Hudson River shimmered outside my windowed beckoning me with the promise of birds. In the morning we will visit Central Park and see what we can see. I hope it is a very birdy weekend. I am longing to see some new birds.

6 comments:

  1. Have fun Kathie. Can't wait to hear what you find in Central Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful birding adventure. Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun, I heard Central Park is a very birdie place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for an update! What did you see?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your day of NYC birding was successful. Of all the pictures I have ever taken, one of my favorites is a Halloween-perfect shot of a pigeon with red eyes perched atop an old, weathered tombstone in Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frank, I cannot wait to show you what we found!

    Thanks Julie!

    eileeninmd, it is very birdie but also full of people and dogs on a warm Saturday afternoon!

    Warren and Lisa, soon, soon...

    JDS, sounds like an awesome photograph!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.