Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gus’ Gulls (SWF)

1. Gus' gull SWF Ring-billed Gull?

 

DSC_0120

 

DSC_0116 Immature Herring Gull Salisbury Beach State Reservation 1-22-11

Skywatch Friday 

More of the gulls Gus photographed on our visit to Salisbury Beach. I like the way the light shows through their tail feathers and the white of their wings against the blue sky. In the last shot the speckled pattern of the feathers is just amazing to me. I love seeing the wings in flight. Once again, all photos are by Gusto! and shot with the Nikon D90 and the 18-200mm lens.

As for the gulls, I think the first 2 are winter Ring-billed Gulls and the last one is an immature Herring Gull, but if you have any other suggestions, let me know by leaving a comment in the comment box and please explain to me why. Thanks!

15 comments:

  1. Nice contrast, color and light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Kathie. Great photos Gus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it is about gulls, but they are just the coolest of birds!! Great captures. ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gus captured them beautifully and I love the lighting on the tailfeathers too. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty amazing. Love these!
    Happy SWF and enjoy your weekend.

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, I can hardly wait until they show up here. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a perfect day for flying! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots of the gulls, and could the sky be any bluer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not well-informed about birds, but I do love your photographs.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your birds is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazzzzzzing! I love these action shots...very nice! Glad to be here. Hope you can check out my ENTRY too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful captures of the gulls and the pretty sky! Happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.