Monday, March 21, 2011

New York City Patterns (MWT)

DSC_0072 Bird Pattern at Bethesda Terrace 3-12-11

DSC_0078 Patterns in an arch 3-12-11

DSC_0085 Ceiling Tiles at Bethesda Terrace 3-12-11

DSC_0087 Tile work under the Bethesda Terrace

DSC_0106 Bark and Brown Creeper

DSC_0137 Fungus on a dead trunk

DSC_0187London Plane Tree Bark

DSC_0132 Bird in the Branches 3-12-11

DSC_0385 Knothole pattern 3-12-11

DSC_0377Ironwork detail on bridge 3-12-11

DSC_0199 Scaffolding 3-12-11

After my recent visit to New York City it seems my world is full of pattern on…

My World Tuesday!

and

Poetry is Happening on Kathie’s Poet Tree!

I’ve Been Waiting for the Crocuses

Happy Springtime!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, beautiful photos Kathie! Love the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific captures, Kathie! Colorful and different and a great look at your world! I love it! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a collection.
    From ironwork to tiles and tree bark.
    I love the London planes, which are actually Spanish if remebmer right.
    We unwisely planted one in a previous garden. I hope the present owner managed to deal with it.
    Still, a fascinating bark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great series. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure did find lots of patterns, I like the corking of the bark on that tree.
    I think you are right on the id of the hummer, female Anna's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful wonderful wonderful


    please have a good tuesday.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing collection of patterns! They are really wonderful shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an Awesome collection of patterns! I notice that the human-made all copy nature in some way. Until the scaffolding, which jolted me. You have a keen eye and imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathie, wonderful photos. You have a good eye for patterns, including very subtle ones. It's amazing what you find in New York City - the incredible diversity makes it so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. une tres belle serie de photos

    Publicity ;o) Every Friday (and the Weekend), The Challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from My World Tuesday

    following you, hope you'll follow me back..

    my entry's here:
    http://kc2009.blogspot.com/2011/03/escapar-una-isla-hermosa.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.