Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Watcher in Central Park

1. The Watcher I found The Watcher in Central Park

2. The Camera Always observant, he reaches for his camera…

3. Busking …while the buskers start to play…

Busk: verb, busked, busking. Chiefly British, to entertain by dancing, singing, or reciting on the street or in a public place.—busker, noun.

4. Children …and the children play and listen…

5. Recording …and The Watcher watches them all, documenting The City he so loves.

6. Music 

 

8. Performing Dancing buskers…

9. Handstand 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10. Up-kathiesbirds 

11. Down-kathiesbirds 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12. ta da-kathiesbirds

Aren’t you impressed?

 

13. Wedding There is always a wedding in Central Park. How many has The Watcher seen?

14. chamber music-kbird Chamber Music at the Bethesda Terrace

15. bubblemagic-kbird And Bubble Magic that makes me feel like this child.

16. sweet face-kbird We all watch in wonder as he weaves his magic…

17. drifting like a dream-k …floating like a rainbow dream

18. bubble rainbow …shifting shape and colors…

19. shape shifter-k …growing

20. growing-k …floating, bending, kaleidoscope

21. gone-k …until the bubble BURSTS!

DSC_0407 But, I can still hear that music playing…

DSC_0404

…and I KNOW The Watcher will be watching, whether I am with him or not.

16 comments:

  1. What a great post, Kathie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great entertainment! LOVE the giant bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are so much fun. Those bubble shots are really impressive.

    I admire a confident watcher. Good on 'im!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birds, Bands, Buskers and Bubbles at Bethesda Terrace in Central Park, all within about 400 feet. It never gets old for me, but was even more fun to experience with you, sharing together our passions for beauty, patterns, texture and music. And now I know how to spot a brown creeper or a bufflehead!

    New York is awesome. So is my sister.
    -C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post and pictures! Makes me want to visit NYC again! So much vitality! I used to live near Central Park and loved to go walking there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And The Watcher's smile grows bigger and bigger with each picture you show of him. What an incredible post! I am WOWED! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Everybody, so glad you all enjoyed reading this post as much as I did experiencing it and writing it!

    C--,I am so proud to be your sis. Thank you for this wonderful experience! Thank you for sharing "your city" with me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought those balloons were fabulous. Or I guess they are bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful photo collage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Kathie! Brings back memories of watching buskers in Paris
    !Whaaaa...there was snow yesterday back home where I'm headed on Apr 1..!!!! OK I want the 90 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taking good people pictures is often a challenge. THese are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post Kathie! That watcher looks allot like you :) Love the Big Bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic post! I love all the entertainment in Central Park. Those musicians could end up being famous someday. :) And those bubble photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post is a delight to read and look at. What a very wonderful way to share your visit to the city of cities!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my nest! I hope you will enjoy spending time here with me and the birds. Thank you for your comments. I will try to get back to you as soon as I get back from counting more birds.